Presented by Chuck Yung
EASA Senior Technical Support Specialist
This webinar recording discusses the equalized connections found in an increasing number of factory windings, explains why they are used, and addresses whether or not they are needed when converting a concentric winding to a lap winding. Alternatives, such as changing the number of circuits, or the special extra-long jumpers, are also compared.
The webinar recording covers
- Explanation of why machine-wound concentric windings use equalizers
- Effect of unbalanced voltage
- Role of air gap in causing circulating currents
- Labor involved and risk of failures due to increased complexity
- How to properly locate the equalizers
This webinar is useful for engineers, service center managers, mechanics and sales representatives.
LOGIN TO VIEW THE RECORDING AND DOWNLOAD THE HANDOUT