Presented by Chuck Yung
EASA Senior Technical Support Specialist
This webinar explains what shaft currents are, what causes them, and differentiates between the two common causes:
- Circulating currents which affect DC motors and AC motors not operating from a drive
- Shaft currents caused by operation from a VFD, and how to tell the difference between the two.
This webinar also discusses and compares methods to mitigate shaft currents and explains why the different causes of shaft currents require different solutions. It covers:
- Shorted rotor iron
- Uneven air gap
- Unbalanced voltage
- What type of grounding brush works best?
- Role of carrier frequency in causing shaft currents
- How to recognize the problem on site
- Insulation thickness, capacitance, and types of insulated bearings
This information is useful to engineers, service center managers, mechanics and anyone interacting with customers.
LOGIN TO VIEW THE RECORDING AND DOWNLOAD THE HANDOUT