Presented by Matthew Conville, P.E.
EASA Technical Support Specialist
This webinar goes through the basics of what accessories may be needed for proper VFD control and power quality add-ons to improve motor driven system reliability. Just buying and installing a VFD isn’t enough to ensure proper operation of a motor driven system in its application, nor does it protect upstream and downstream devices from power quality issues. Topics include:
- Drive accessories
- Operator panels, encoders, position encoders, communication devices
- Power quality accessories
- VFD cables and EMC terminations
- Input reactors and/or isolation transformers
- Output filters (reactors, dV/dt, sinusoidal, inductive chokes, etc)
- Impacts on AC motors
- Reduction in SF
- Winding failures
- Shaft voltage/bearing currents
- Turn down ratios
This presentation will be useful for anyone new to VFD applications, or anyone in need of a refresher course.
LOGIN TO VIEW THE RECORDING AND DOWNLOAD THE HANDOUT