Marketing + Industry Awareness Committee Chair
The mission of EASA is to help members enhance their performance and achieve greater levels of success. Each member of the Marketing + Industry Awareness Committee is keenly aware of this, and it is that very mission that guides our decision-making processes.
We have an ongoing Industry Awareness Campaign, and at our meeting each year, we analyze the results we have achieved by securing EASA-authored articles in the trade press.
EASA collaborates with editors of trade publications to provide articles written by EASA's technical support team, focusing on their readers' topics of interest. We primarily work with publications that target the end-user market (your customers). The primary audience is typically plant engineers and maintenance personnel. Other audiences include purchasing, general management, consulting engineers, electrical contractors, facility managers and design engineers.
Trade press editors continue to hold our content in high regard and consider EASA "The Electro•Mechanical Authority."
As a member, you benefit from these industry awareness efforts as the coverage reinforces your reputation as a total solutions provider in the electromechanical sales and service industry.
By the Numbers
Trade media feature articles totaled more than 746,000 media impressions from August 1, 2019, to July 31, 2020. This is an increase of 10 percent over the prior year.
Nine articles authored by EASA’s professional staff appeared in the print editions of six different industry trade magazines. These nine articles resulted in more than 579,000 total media impressions. Five trade industry publications published EASA content in their digital media e-newsletters, resulting in nearly 167,000 impressions. Much of this content is available online in the searchable content of websites hosted by most industry trade magazines, including Plant Engineering, Efficient Plant, Plant Services and EC&M.
Since 2002, more than 250 EASA-authored articles appeared in 45 separate industry trade publications and related digital platforms, resulting in more than 12.2 million media impressions.
IMPORTANT! Keep an eye on EASA's website and social media. EASA shares these articles, podcasts and online events as they happen. Use them to share expert-level content with your customers.
Several trade publications partner with EASA and provide bartered advertising space in their digital and print media. EASA leverages this opportunity to promote the use of EASA members to your customer base.
Another key element of EASA's Industry Awareness Campaign is industry representation. This includes presentations by EASA before other "publics" such as other Associations, industry groups, utilities, governmental agencies and end-users. Since 2001, there have been nearly 100 presentations put forth on behalf of EASA.
EASA's engineering team represents your interests on multiple standards-making bodies and similar groups! See a summation of these efforts at go.easa.com/representation.
Please know we are here for you, and if there is anything we can do to improve our mission please let us know – and if you haven’t already, make sure you follow EASA’s social media feeds on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Media Features — August 2019 – July 2020
- Control Engineering — Circulation: 70,280
- “Insights: Think Again – IIOT Avoids Downtime” — August 2019
- Electrical Business — Circulation: 20,300
- “Increasing Motor Reliability” — February 2020
- Empowering Pumps — Circulation: 25,000
- “How Up-Thrust Occurs in Vertical Turbine Pumps and Provisions to Control It” — June 2020
- Plant Engineering — Circulation: 60,037
- “How to Deal with Wet or Flooded Motors” — October 2019
- Plant Services — Circulation: 70,019
- “Perfect Fit: Why Permanent Magnet Motors and Reluctance Motors are Finding Increased Industry Application” — May 2020 – Front Cover Story
- “Best of Plant Services 2019: Get Your Bearings” — December 2019
- “Get Vertical: Converting Motors from Horizontal to Vertical Mount” — October 2019
- Pumps & Systems — Circulation: 96,783
- “Making Shaft Lift Adjustments in Vertical Turbine Pumps” — June 2020
- “Techniques for Detailed Screening of Vibration Data” — December 2019
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance E-Train — Circulation: 52,816
- “EASA Announces Spring Educational Seminar Schedule” — November 14, 2019
- Electrical Construction & Maintenance MRO Insider — Circulation: 45,172
- “EASA Presents Service Award at Annual Convention” — August 20, 2019
- Plant Engineering Plant Mail
- “Your Questions Answered: Right Sizing Pumps with VSDs” — December 18, 2019
- Plant Engineering
- “Right-Sizing Pumps with Variable-Speed Drives”
Webinar presented by Gene Vogel, EASA Pump + Vibration Specialist — November 14, 2019
- “Introduction to Motors and Drives”
Online training series including materials from prior Plant Engineering webinars featuring Tom Bishop, P.E., EASA Senior Technical Support Specialist, and Gene Vogel content.
- Empowering Pumps
- “#Knowledge Shared” video series
- Pumps & Systems
- Podcast: “EASA Recap with Gene Vogel, Talking IIoT and More” — July 2019