- EASA Technical Manual Sections 8-11 updated, expanded
- Chairman Larry: “Gain the Advantage” in your business with EASA
- Bret McCormick elected new director for EASA Region 2
- How up-thrust occurs and provisions to control it in vertical
- Check out EASA's new Resource Guide
- Tech Tip: Commutator reprofiling
- Safety Tips: Fire & chemical
- Tips for developing an employee handbook or policy manual
- Noviembre 13 webinario sobre “Conexiones Externas en los Motores Eléctricos Trifásicos” (en español
- November 13 webinar to focus on “Three-Phase Motor External Connections” (presented in Spanish)
- Root Cause Failure Analysis materials updated, expanded; 2nd edition manual, download available for purchase
Highlights in the issue include:
- Take advantage of variety of valuable webinars and seminars in the coming months, next year
- Message from Chairman Larry: 'Gain the Advantage' with EASA's fall events
- Field testing and inspection of 3-phase squirrel cage motors
- Need a new company website? Read this!
- Management Pulse: September survey to focus on healthcare and other benefits
- Recent death: Brad J. Nelson
- Safety Tips: Electrical work
- New member benefit coming in 2020! Free webinars
- New staff members
- Tech Tip: Winding removal
- Another successful event: 2019 EASA Convention and Las Vegas prove to be a winning combination
- Chairman Larry's Message: How to "Gain the Advantage" after a successful convention
- Dealing with wet/flooded motors - Recovering from disaster: Saltwater becomes a major problem
- Common misconceptions about how to dry wet motors
- Thank you 2019 exhibitors!
- Convention snapshots
- Steve Skenzick recieves Exceptional Achievement Service Award at 2019 EASA Convention in Las Vegas
- Actions of EASA's Board of Directors meetings in Las Vegas
- EASA 2019 webinars: Register today at www.easa.com
- Plan to attend EASA's upcoming seminars
- EASA welcomes new Active members
- New member benefit coming in 2020! Free webinars!
- Associate members first
- Recent death - Past chairman Jim Smith
- Chapter/regional meeting dates
- Tech Tip - Terminology: Pitch and span are not the same thing
- Safety Tips - Grinding: Don't break the wheel
- 2019-2020 officers, Executive Committee installed during Annual Business Meeting in Las Vegas
- Message from Chairman Larry: 'Gain the Advantage' and position yourself for success
- Beyond I2R - additional copper losses in stator windings
- List of 2019-2020 International Board of Directors
- August 14 webinar to focus on "Selecting Replacement DC and 3-Phase Squirrel Cage Motors"
- Safety Tips: Tool safety for the service center
- Five + 1 S Series: Keep safety at the forefront of all your "lean service" activities
- Seminar schedule through May 2020 announced
- Chairman Byars' Message: 'Navigate the Future:' Where we've been and where we're going
- Working with moisture sensors in submersible pumps
- Upcoming EASA education
- 2019 EASA Convention mobile app now available
- EASA 2019 Exhibitors
- Are you taking advantage of EASA training opportunities?
- Environmental update: hazardous waste management changes
- July 17 webinar to focus on "Insulation Technology Improvements and the Repair Market"
- Safety Tips: Electrical work
- Tech Tip: Brush seating guidance, recommendation
- EASA Accreditation Program update
- 2019 Chapter Leadership Forum held in St. Louis: 24 attendees from 16 of EASA's 32 chapters attend training program
- EASA webinar schedule announced for September through December
- Message from Chairman Byars: Convention education content empowers you to 'Navigate the Future'
- Features, benefits of EASA's Getting The Most From Your Electric Motors booklet
- EASA 2019 Exhibitors
- June 12 webinar to focus on "Carbon Brushes, Current Density and Performace"
- Five + 1 Series: Strive for "lean service" with a focus on the "standardize" activity
- Take a closer look at convention session on industry research
- Tech Tip: Help with installing winding resistance temperature detectors (RTDs)
- Dawn Misko, longtime EASA employee, passes away
- Brian Larry to serve as EASA's 2019-2020 Chairman
- Chairman Byars: Focus on business development to 'Navigate the Futre'
- Bill Thalman elected new director for EASA Region 1
- Limiting end float of a sleeve bearing machine
- Executive Committee for 2019-2020
- Tech Tip — Armature banding: Tips for success
- Take a close look at marketing/sales sessions at convention
- Hit the jackpot at the 2019 EASA Convention
- 2019 Convention Exhibitors
- May 15 webinar to focus on "Assessing Impeller Damage"
- Five+1 S Series: Strive for "lean service" with a focus on the "shine" activity
- Using industry research data to support organizations sales staff
- Plan to attend 2019 EASA Convention in Las Vegas
- Message from Chairman Byars: Accreditation help you successfully 'Navigate the Future'
- Getting to know fractional-slot concentrated windings (FCSW)
- Management Pulse: Survey results provide useful member feedback on leadership topic
- Safety tip: Stationary grinders
- Tech tip: Important laser alignment kit
- UL joins list of EASA-sanctioned Accreditation Program auditors
- April 17 webinar to focus on "How Winding Changes Affect Motor Performance"
- Five +1 S Series: Strive for "lean service" with a focus on the "straighten" activity
- "Principles of Medium & Large AC Motors" now available in English and Spanish
Highlights in this issue:
- Don't miss opportunities for valuable education
- Message from Chairman Byars: Come to Las Vegas and "Navigate the Future"
- AC Motor Verification & Redesign and Motor Rewind Data Version 4 programs work together to offer more capabilities
- Marketing Solutions: Bring your website up to modern standards
- Tech Tip: Help with testing field coils or interpoles
- Long-term storage: Some points to keep in mind
- 5+1 S Series: Strive for "lean service" with a focus on the "sort" activity
- Safety Tip: Circuit testing
- Chairman Byars: “Navigate the Future” of 2019 with these top EASA features
- Emerging technologies: What they mean for members
- Learn more at upcoming EASA Convention
- Electric motor bearing lubrication frequency and quantity
- EASA Convention 2019 - Las Vegas
- February 20 webinar to focus on “Magnetic Wedges”
- Tech Tip: Use C4 bearing when heat is a factor
- Management Pulse: January survey will focus on leadership topics, information
- Safety Tip: What not to wear
- Management Services Committee to provide "Lean Service" resources to help members eliminate waste, improve productivity
- Message from Chairman Byars: Ongoing training helps you to "Navigate the Future"
- Parallel circuits: More than meets the eye
- Tech Tip: Selecting options in AC Motor Verification & Redesign program
- Safety Tip: Live circuits: Don't be "shocked" by this tip!
- European Commission announces motor and power converter efficiency directive regulation
- Learning from experience: Tips for repairing a “purpose-built” motor
- EASA to offer FREE webinars in January 2019: "Send Motor Data to EASA using the AC Motor Verification & Redesign Program" (Jan. 23); and “Lean: Improve Your Shop Efficiency and Productivity” (Jan. 30)
- Committee meet to map member benefits
- EASA seeks renewal of ANSI Standard status
- Message from Chairman Byars: "Navigating the Future" of your business's success
- Considerations for measuring & test equipment (M&TE) resolution
- "Principles of Medium & Large AC Motors" seminar scheduled in St. Louis
- December 12 webinar to focus on "Motor Temperature Rise and Methods to Increase Winding Life"
- Tech Tip: Measuring stator core dimensions for core test with windings installed
- Management Pulse: Survey results focus on safety analysis and work instructions
- A retirement and new employee at EASA Headquarters