How often your facility’s electric motors should be lubricated—and how much lubricant they should receive—depends on several factors. When you’re considering electric motor lubrication frequency and quantity, take into account the following:
- Is the lubricant grease or oil?
- Is the bearing type sleeve, ball, or roller?
- If it is a ball bearing, is the enclosure open, shielded, or sealed?
This article goes on to break down these considerations further into the following categories:
- Grease lubrication frequency and quantity for ball and roller (rolling element) bearings.
- Oil lubrication frequency and level (relates to quantity) for ball and roller bearings.
- Oil lubrication frequency and level (relates to quantity) for sleeve bearings.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE